Books & BookTube:
Hello Cuties! I want to share personal interest posts in addition to art related posts. So here is my first one which is on the topic of books. YAY! So, I am sure you guessed by the header that I decided to do a few BookTube related videos on my personal YouTube Channel.
“But what about your Art YouTube Channel!?” you might be wondering. Don’t worry, I haven’t completely given up on it yet, but for now it is on hold. I’m still in a bit of an artist rut so even though I keep thinking of videos to do I don’t have the motivation to actually do them at the moment. But we will see.
My History With Books:
So let me briefly go over my personal history with books. First off, I actually struggled with reading pretty bad up until my late middle school years. Then, even though I enjoyed books, I struggled with finishing them for quite some time. Eventually, that changed and I fell in love with books and book stores.
But, this happy love affair with books ended when college rolled around and constant moving became a regular thing in my life. Lugging around hundreds of books every 1 or 2 years was not working for me. And since I was too busy with work and school to even think about reading, my book collection had to go.
Audiobooks and the occasional e-book became my life thereafter until January 2017. I don’t know what did it, but I was just dying to sit down a read a physical book. And so I did. I went through 18 books in January (half of which were audiobooks) and I just loved it!
In addition I started 3 other books which I decided not to continue any-time soon. I started using my GoodReads account to keep track of books and give book reviews. And I shot my first BookTube video which you can see bellow:
Books I finished in January:
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho (4.5)
- WildFlower – Drew BarryMore (4)
- Landline – Rainbow Rowell (4)
- How to be Parisian Wherever you are – Anne Berest (2)
- Night Film – Marisha Pessl (4.5)
- The Daring Ladies of Lowell – Kate Alcott (3)
- Milk and Honey – Rupi Kaur (3)
- The Last Woman Standing – Thelma Adams (3)
- More Than This – Jay McLean (5)
- More Than Her – Jay McLean (3)
- More Than Him – Jay McLean (4)
- Everything We Keep – Kerry Lonsdale (3)
- What She Knew – Gilly Macmillan (5)
- Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert (4)
- Speak – Laurie Halse Anderson (5)
- Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell (3)
- The Sweet Spot – Stephanie Evanovich (3)
- Before I Go to Sleep – S.J. Watson (5)
I liked a LOT of the books on this list and hope to do full spoiler-y book reviews for some of them on my channel in the future. You can hear more about each book in the wrap up video so check that out! And if you’ve read any of these let me know what you think about them in the comment section!
Books I started but decided not to finish:
- Revolution – Russel Brand
- The Other Slavery – Resender Andres
- Between the world and me – Ta-Nehisi Coates
These were all pretty good books that I just wasn’t in the right mood for. (I think) I will probably try reading them again in the future.
Anyway, that’s all for now! I hope you enjoyed, be sure to come back to the blog often! Yay! New posts every Tuesday! <3 <3 <3